29.1.10

Friday Thoughts -- One Text Says It All

Got a text message today and was at first hesitant to read it, but after digesting the message, I felt blessed and inspired to go further (even if my right shoulder is still aching!)

Here is the text message from a text friend:

One day, the villagers decided to pray for rain. On the day of prayer everyone gathered and only one 1 boy came with an umbrella.

That's FAITH.

When you throw a 1 year old baby in the air, he laughs because he knows you will catch him.

That's TRUST.

Every night we go to bed we're not sure that we'll get up tomorrow, but we still have many plans for the coming day.

That's HOPE.

Have faith, trust in GOD and never lose hope.

=)

Indeed, times may come when God may seem to abandon us. I for one, also get that feeling that sometimes, life is unfair and that I just don't have a good future ahead. I don't get what I want and that God will not give me what I simply want.

But I soon come to realize, God is just so good that He does not want me to come unprepared. I want something that is not yet ripe to be harvested. I still need to grow and in time, if it will come, it will come.

Things are often like that. We want something but the timing is not right. True enough, it takes patience, perseverance, and complete trust and faith that everyday, we can survive every challenge. It may thus be tiring, but in the long run, patience pays off.

I do felt like comparing myself with other people and end up unhappy. That was one of my biggest mistakes. I should not envy others for having such life, for I believe that they too have miseries which make them look at me and sigh, perhaps thinking that they also want to have a life like mine.

Making everyday count. I now value this practice that serves as the key to a fulfilling life. Never keep your mind idle, for as the saying goes, "An idle mind is the devil's workshop."

I saw that post at a church's store and now am applying that to stay away from the ill works of the Fallen Ones. Think about plainly doing nothing and letting time pass in vain. Isn't that leading you off your true mission? All brought by keeping yourself preoccupied with insane thoughts... which in truth must be banished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang