23.5.09

Clueless

It’s been a different week by far. It seems pretty cool too, since I’ve gotten into what I call now as a “either I stay or go” stint. The life of an ordinary potato girl has yet to go anew.

The dream of a greener pasture still lives on. But as I come to think of the consequences I would have to face if ever I would be granted the chance to fulfill my dream, I just feel uncertain.

Okay, for those of you who do not know what I’m talking about here, well, in a few days I am about to find out the verdict: whether or not I’ll be leaving the Philippines for a while to work somewhere else – where a lion stands abound, and where chewing gum is forbidden. Yes, this is Singapore.

To Singapore, where the hardworking are blessed – this is where I will be bound for if ever God wills me to. This is where I suppose I will be staying over a period of time to enhance my independence, my capabilities, and my strengths and weaknesses as a person.

Alas, when that time comes that I will be required to face challenges that a normal adult usually faces, I think that this would also be the moment when I’d be ready to proclaim without hesitation that I am truly free. All this time, when my environment has always been a friendly one, where I don’t usually stand amidst a fierce crowd, I just am laid back, knowing that I always have my parents and family beside me. But this time, if ever God grants me the chance, then I’d better be ready.

This time, I should be brave enough to survive the tough life out there. I have to learn how it is to wash my laundry without being piled up with more than what I could handle. I must also learn how to iron my clothes so as to dress according to the nature of my supposed work. In there, I must learn how to travel by myself, without fears that I won’t end up at the wrong streets. In Singapore, I must realize that all I shall earn are products of hard labor and determination.

And just like it is in life, I know that even if I do not make it there, I must really strive hard to reach my destination. No matter what it takes, and no matter what happens, I shall soon fulfill my dreams.

Yet, in our own journeys, let us not forget that there are times when we just have to bear with the consequences that are packed along our choices. As we decide, let us also try to consider that there will definitely be pros and cons. Whatever these results might be, we just have to weigh them carefully. They may turn out small, but at a later time, they may end up so large that we won’t be able to handle them anymore. Hence, along our decision-making, hopefully, we will be able to stand up, beaming, that no matter what would happen, we are ready to accept anything life has to yet to bring.

4 comments:

  1. okay, i'm con fuddled. i posted a comment earlier, but it failed to load. labo. anyhoots, i just want to wish you well on your singapore adventure. in fairness, the merlion does reward hardworking, non-gum chewing people like my kuya. he's very happy there, as far as i know. if your singapore adventure pushes through, let me know so that i can connect you to my kuya. may instant friend ka na dun, di ba? :) god bless! --SIGH, FoxyRoxy's Ex-Roommate

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! astig! yeyy,... in case i'll make it there, may instant friend na ako. hehe.. di pa rin nageemail eh. im still waiting, just in case. kahit anu pa, it's just nice kasi i got the chance to be interviewed. :)

    kmusta na ikaw ate? hope ur doin well! take care.. and hope to see you some time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. well not really:
    ph = lots of hardwork but still lesser money
    sg = way much lesser work but lotsa money

    exposure/competition = ph>sg
    career development = ph>sg
    work quality = ph>sg

    ReplyDelete
  4. --> yeah.. thats true, I realize.. :)

    well not really:
    ph = lots of hardwork but still lesser money
    sg = way much lesser work but lotsa money

    exposure/competition = ph>sg
    career development = ph>sg
    work quality = ph>sg

    ReplyDelete

Nuffnang